Briar Stanley is the founder of the blog (and corresponding Instagram account) Sunday Collector, Briar’s interior decorating work and life is regularly broadcast to a following that love her fresh coastal style and little family. We are thrilled to have her on board as a contributing blogger for Granite Transformations.
Presenting the updated kitchen! The photos just came through from photographer Chloe Snaith and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome of our kitchen renovation Northern Beaches .
As I mentioned previously, we didn’t want to over-capitalise by ripping out the kitchen entirely, and Granite Transformations came to the party by giving us a completely new look over the space of a week. I believe the new benchtop is the hero in the space, and I’m so pleased I chose the bolder direction of ‘Terra Chiara’ engineered stone. Taking out the dated servery counter and extending the benchtop to create a small breakfast bench was also a massive plus.
All the cabinet door and drawer fronts were made by Tesrol – we replaced the dated apricot kitchen doors with a shaker profile door in Dulux Lexicon Quarter, and the quality is amazing. I was also thrilled to get some internal elements replaced – giving us soft closing kitchen drawers and reinforcement for heavy pots and pans. Another major plus was the double bin drawer that was incorporated. It’s still hard to believe that the bulk of the kitchen is all still the same behind those lovely new cabinet doors.
The images speak for themselves, so I’ll just load everything here (can you tell I love them??), and leave you with a little kitchen renovation sourcing list at the end.
OUR NORTHERN BEACHES KITCHEN RENOVATION IMAGE GALLERY
WHERE TO BUY QUALITY MATERIALS FOR YOUR KITCHEN RENOVATION
- Polyurethane shaker doors in Dulux Lexicon Quarter – Tesrol
- Manufactured Stone Benchtop Resurfacing in ‘Terra Chiara’ – Granite Transformations
- Wall oven, stove top, microwave, kettle and coffee machine – Smeg
- Polaris white kitchen sink – Schock/Abbey
- Stainless steel mixer tap – Bunnings
- Timber flooring – Godfrey Hirst Oak Elegance in Pearl
- Cabinet door hardware, soap holder, wall racks and wall shelves – The Society Inc.
- Tiles – Newport Gloss Subway Sage – Tile Cloud
- Painting – Kate Vella
- Grey ‘Havsta’ cabinet – IKEA
- Kitchen Stools – vintage (purchased 30 years ago by my Dad at Aero)
- Photography – Chloe Snaith